Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Trip to Trader Joe's in Alexandria


Hello Trader Joe's! 

So Anthony and I went to Alexandria for the day to go to Trader Joe's and enjoy the city! Lately we have been going to different places that have Trader Joe's or other healthier stores and exploring the cities its so fun, like a mini vacation. I took lots of pictures for guys and I am very excited to share them with you.





Make sure MOST IMPORTANT buy wild caught! Its not expensive at all very reasonable.


I love Dover its a great fish with a beurre blanc sauce. This Fish was very affordable as well.



These are our favorite chips. For even more insurance against GMOs, choose blue corn chips : blue corn is not genetically modified but most yellow corn and some types of white corn are.


I though this was very cool Organic Beer and Wine. Because beer is made with Wheat and wheat is genetically modified = GMOs, sucks so be careful. Ruddy Duck Brewery & Grill in Solomon's Island I believe has about the closest thing to organic beer. I will find out more information on this from the brew master and give you an update.


Nitrate and Preservative free lunch meats. Wait till you taste the difference, the ham is my favorite its amazing. 


Wild Caught:)


WHAT WE BROUGHT HOME!


This was some of my organic load. But everything in picture is except my wine is Organic.


Left to right: apples 79c each, chips 2.99, grapes 2.99, mayonnaise, spaghetti sauce,peanut butter with sea salt ( best ever) 3.99, tomato paste, diced tomatoes 1.69 everything organic just broke down from the previous picture.


Left to right: Organic Popping Corn, Penne Pasta(this was actually white pasta not whole wheat white is gross to us), Apple Sauce, Vegetable pasta, Organic white bread.
Put the popping corn in a brown paper bag and microwave(not sure how long haven't done it yet) and when it is finished put your choice of spices on it and enjoy nice and healthy snack.


Left to right: Strawberry flake cereal 2.99, mini cheese crackers, tomato and roasted red pepper soup 2.29 =so yummy, chicken broth 2.29, panda puffs 2.99 there organic I promise.




 

This picture is so bad but I want to explain, top to bottom:  Sweet Italian pork sausage 4.19(not organic), Asparagus spears 2.50 , Wild caught Salmon.



Top to bottom: Hash browns (not organic but no preservatives), Chicken Breasts( not organic but no preservatives, no msg)


Left to right:
1.32 pounds of wild caught Dover Fillet for $7.83
1.13 pounds of wild caught Alaskan cod for $ 7.33


Organic Jasmine Rice 



Left to right:All Organic because one of the most important things to buy organic is dairy
Milk 5.29 , Cheese 3.49 , Free range chicken $13.00, Eggs(cheaper at Trader Joe's 3.99  then Giant  4.50), String Cheese 4.99( we only get every once and a while). 



Block Cheddar Cheese, Turkey lunch meat 3.99, Ham lunch meat 2.99


I cant find these anywhere so I was excited when I found this! 2.99 for a 5lb bag


Left to right: Whole Cashew, Milk chocolate covered raisins, red pepper spice, Turkey Gravy, 3 fruit snacks 49 cents each, Dry roasted and salted almonds=amazing.


This is my favorite thing about going to Alexandria :)
5.99 Joseph Handler sweet red, Charles Shaw white zin 3.29 or (2 buck chuck)



Couldn't help it I had to open one :)

 I will provide a list to help you and your family with figuring out what to buy and what not to buy at the grocery store in another post. Now you do not have to go into the grocery store blind folded.  




Thanks for listening, Cheers.
-Tori:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you
Tori<3