Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cheddar Cheese Fondue with IPA



I made the most amazing cheese fondue. I am a big fan of the Melting Pot but not the price tag that comes along with it. I got creative and started searching around for the best recipe that would mimic their cheddar  cheese fondue.
I found this recipe and played with it.
This serves 2 people as a meal. But perfect for an appetizer for 3-4.

1 cup of IPA beer
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1-8 oz pack of shredded cheddar cheese

1/2- 8 oz pack of mozzarella 
heavy pinch of pepper
3 shakes of mustard powder or (substitute 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce


(cut up to dip)

Carrots
Apples(granny smith)
Broccoli 
Cauliflower
French bread

Directions:


But watch the video below for the best instructions on cooking
1 start with beer base (beer, milk or broth).
2 add garlic.
3 add mustard powder or yellow mustard
4 stir.
5 add small amount of cheddar cheese.
6 mix thoroughly (using whipping motion until cheese is melted).
7 add five turns of pepper grinder.
8 add  worcestershire sauce.
9 fold in pepper & worcestershire.
10 remove mixing fork. and serve in pot 



What you will need. 86 the flour










I hope you enjoy this. It was really the best Cheese Fondue I have ever had.
Do you have any other ideas on what to dip in the fondue?
Any good recipes you have for any find of fondue?
Tori<3



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you wrote this post! Melting Pot is one of my guilty pleasures. I am going to have to try this at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! It is so tasty. Let me know how it turns out its great to have feedback on recipes
      Tori<3

      Delete

I would love to hear from you
Tori<3