Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Target Shopping Sale NON-GMO

I saw this in the Target ad and got so excited! These at our local Giant are $4.99 So wow what a great deal!  I bought a lot and stocked up for these prices. Plus Giant does not have these many option which really grinds my gears.  Anyways I got 2 boxes of fruit snacks, 2 boxes of granola bars, 2 boxes of trail mixes, a box of "teddy grahams", and a box "goldfish" all Annie's brands. Who doesn't like these little snacks as a surprise in there lunch? Little did I know that it was all of Annie's snacks not just fruit snacks.


Look for hidden GMO ingredients:
GMOs may be hidden in common processed food ingredients such as: Amino Acids, Aspartame, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Ascorbate, Vitamin C, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Flavorings (“natural” and “artificial”), High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Lactic Acid, Maltodextrins, Molasses, Monosodium Glutamate, Sucrose, Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), Xanthan Gum, Vitamins, Yeast Products.


Source: Non GMO Project. To view the rest of there ten tips to give GMOs the boot. www.nongmoproject.org



I actually got both these granola bars and have ate the shells before too and they are good!


I have never tried these but I am so looking forward to trying them.
$2.99




How could you not have Chips with out dip :) There was a sale if you buy a bag of chips and a pack of soda you get a free jar of salsa. But we do not drink soda that much because how bad it is for you.
$2.99


My Milk was more expensive though. I forgot to take a picture of this on the internet. I bought mine on sale for $3.59
I use to always buy fat free milk because I thought it was healthier little did I know I was wrong.
The Daily Mail Says:
WHOLE MILK IS HEALTHIEST
Many people have been put off whole milk because of its fat content, but whole full-fat milk is not actually a high-fat food. Generally, anything over 20 per cent is deemed high fat, but cows’ milk usually only contains between 3.7 per cent and 5  per cent fat per 100 ml - even if it is made with richer cows’ milk, such as Jersey cows’ milk. This compares with 48 per cent for truly high-fat foods, such as double cream.

Semi-skimmed and skimmed cows’ milk contain 1-1.5 per cent and 0.1 per cent fat respectively, so unless you drink gallons of the stuff, switching to semi-skimmed or skimmed is unlikely to make any great impact on your fat intake. Furthermore, skimmed and semi-skimmed cows’ milk is also less nutritious than whole milk. That’s because the cream contains the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K - important, among other things, for strengthening immunity to infections, neutralising the effects of damaging free radicals and keeping bones healthy.
Source:

Daily Mail




This was there whole organic section. That is a lot compared to Giant.


Do you notice how it does not say certified organic, it says made with organic wheat. Well wheat has GMOs so if it is made with organic wheat its good for every once in a while. But at least no GMOs:).  It was actually way cheaper then expected. I am not sure but I would guess that the regular teddy grahams are probably more expensive. 
$2.25

SALE!!


Sorry it is kind of blurry but these were all sale snacks: trail mixes, goldfish, teddy grahams but by Annie's. 
I actually stocked

Sale on Organic lettuce. Except they were out of the sale brand I could have asked someone to get it for me it was a dollar off.
Sale:2.99
Regular: $3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you
Tori<3